Homeopathy – The Latest Art & Science
Origin of Ayurveda originated to Athrav Veda which developed in 6th century BC to 7th century AD and it’s called Samhita period.
Allopathy originated in 5th Century BCE (C.460-C.BCE ).
Homeopathy originated in 1796 and so Dr. Umang Khanna says that homeopathy is the latest and most modern form of medicine and the latest science based on nano particles.
The thought which further became revolution, a science and an art was originated in the mind of the great German Physician Dr. Christian Fredericke Samuel Hahnemann when he came across a statement by Dr.Cullen that Cinchona bank (which relieves symptoms of malaria) causes fever in healthy persons. To understand this fact Dr. Hahnemann took it himself which resulted in the occurrence of condition of fever. He further noticed that no two substances produced, exactly the same set of symptoms. This led to the thought of theory of individualization.This proving that the cinchona bark produced on him gave birth to a revolution and a science called homeopathy.
This Idea was in line with what Hippocrates, the father of medicine had insisted that the physician has to study the patient, not just illness.He advocated similimum.
As RIGVEDA (the source book from which Ayurveda originated, it is written“A cure for poison lies in the poison itself”.
The word homeopathy is derived from a great word homoios(similar)and pathos (suffering)which means “LIKE CURES LIKE”
Concepts and Basics
Homeopathy is based on a belief that every person has a energy called Vital force or self healing response. When this energy is disrupted, ill health is developed. Homeopathy is based on the concept to stimulate the body’s own healing responses.
Homeopathy works on Law of similar i.e. like cures likes. Homeopathic medicines use minute amount of substances that are similar to the symptoms of the disease. These medicinal substance produce on artificial disease which is more than the natural disease power there by annihilating the natural disease.
Homeopathy is a systemic, yet entirely individualized approach to natural healing and health. This invalues a step by step unlayering process of the physical, mental, emotional plane. As each layer is released the next becomes visible. This is why we have gained consistent and producible responses from our remedies and complete detoxification and healing of the human body. There by during the whole treatment the patient will repair all the derailments of the entire history of trauma, infections and to exposures along the treatment of both causative event and the symptoms.
Principles or Laws of Homeopathy
The cardinal principles are 7 in number; they give Homeopathic system of medicine its scientific footing and establishment.
- Law of Similia
- Law of Simplex
- Law of Minimum
- Doctrine of Drug Proving
- Theory of Chronic Disease
- Theory of Vital Force
- Doctrine of Drug-Dynamization
1. Similia Similibus curentur or like cures like: Homeopathy (Gr. homoeos = similar, pathos = suffering) is a scientific system of medicine based on the law of similars, ie similia similibus curentur or ‘symptom-similarity’.
Dr. Hahnemann derived this law after proving drugs on him and concluded that disease curing powers of a drug are the same as disease producing powers.
This law states that, medicine should have the potential to produce most similar symptoms of the disease to be cured in a healthy person. Dr. Hahnemann, by scientific thinking and keen sense of observation applied it to medicine and discovered Homeopathy.
2. Law of simplex or single remedies: The law of simplex or single remedies is the 2nd cardinal principal of Homeopathy. Dr. Hahnemann during his time proved crude substances known as ‘drugs’ on himself and he insists only one, single, medicine is to be prescribed to the patient at a time.
This is because only one medicine is the most similar, homeopathic medicines are proved singly and materia medica comprises of single remedy provings; if multiple remedies are given at a single time, synergistic action is observed in patient making it difficult for further prescribing.
3. Law of minimum dose: This law states that the single remedy to be given should be given in the least potency and repetition. Minimum dose is that dose which is just required to evoke a reaction in the patient. It is that quantity which is just sufficient to produce a gentle remedial effect and medicinal relief.
The law of minimum dose has its own advantages, like it avoids undue medicinal aggravation, there’s no risk of unwanted side-effects, symptom-similarity is maintained and toxic effect on the patient is minimal. Recently, this concept of minimum dose has been proven and verified by Arndt-Schultz law.
4. Doctrine of Drug Proving: Dr. Hahnemann proved 99 drugs and recorded their provings in Materia Medica Pura (volumes 6). The first volume was published in 1811 and last expanded was published in 1827. It consists of provings or ‘symptoms’ written by Dr. Hahnemann in his own words, and they have been documented as they appeared during the day.
Drug proving is the systemic investigation of pathogenic powers of a drug/medicine on healthy human beings of different ages, both sexes, under all climatic conditions, at all times in all medicinal potencies. The 6 volumes of Pura contain more than 3000 symptoms.
Dr. Hahnemann recommended drug proving on healthy human beings. This is because subjective or mental symptoms are known in the language of the patient, and symptoms of drug and disease are different. Thus, the materia medica of Homeopathy contains pure effects of medicine on the human beings.
5. Doctrine of Chronic Diseases: Dr. Hahnemann after practicing Homeopathy for 12 years, observed that in spite of prescribing correct medicines to his patients; the patient complained of partial relief, no relief, mixed pattern of relief and recurrence of symptoms.
He further studied the trend of symptoms, diseases and established the Doctrine of Chronic Diseases and further postulated that ‘miasms’ or certain ‘polluting factors’ were responsible for causing them.
The three single miasms are Psora (the itch, real cause of all type of chronic diseases), Sycosis (the gonorrheal, venereal fig-wart disease characterized by warts) and Syphilis (venereal chancre disease, characterized by ulceration).
6. Doctrine of Vital Force: Homeopathy advocates the presence of an invisible power ie vital force present in all human beings and when this force becomes disturbed or deranged due to various causative factors, man becomes sick or diseased. Thus, homeopathy states the importance of mind + body + spirit (vital force) in medicine.
Vital force is unique to Homeopathy and it has the following qualities, spiritual, autocratic, automatic, dynamic and unintelligent and it animates the human body in health and disease.
In healthy conditions, the vital force maintains and sustains all normal functioning in human being and medicines are said to act upon this vital force, thus deranging it from healthy to sick (disease) and from sick to healthy while on homeopathic medicine.
7. Doctrine of Drug Dynamization: This theory is also known as doctrine of drug potentization. The potentization process is found only in homeopathy and remedial properties which are latent, hidden in drug substances become awakened and are developed into activity. It is by this process that inert crude medicinal powers exert their cure on the deranged vital force.
ADVANTAGES of HOMEOPATHY
According to WHO homeopathy is the world’s second leading and the fastest growing systems of medicine for primary healthcare. The rapid pace of growth of homeopathy itself proves of it’s advantages.
Homeopathy his precise action as homeopathic medicines are proven as humans and not on animals. So, they are accurate in research and action.
Homeopathy Uses Only Natural Substances in Minute Doses.
The very essence of homeopathic practice lies in the concept of doses as Hahnemann stated. So, the least quality of does ensures that there are no side effects. And the compound or the medicinal power of heart is herb is extracted as a whole and not only specific compound. It is said about homeopathy “Medicines are quantitatively minimum and qualitatively maximum.”
Homeopathy Does No Harm
Homeopathy improves health rather than diminishes illness. Being without side effects homeopathy empowers the patients with great health and well being.
Easy to Take and Carry
It’s easy to take or carry homeopathic medicine as they are qualitatively more and quantitatively less.
Homeopathy Gives Permanent Cure
As during case taking the patient as a whole is examined and case is repertorized. The treatment with homeopathy results is permanent cure.
Homeopathy Saves You From Bitter Pills and Injection
Homeopathy offers you with permanent cure with “sweet pills”. Therefore patients especially children enjoy taking these sweet pill and are treated and cured without pain.
Homeopathy as a Preventive and Prophylactic
There are many diseases in which homeopathy doses act as prophylactic where single dose serves and saves the person though whole life. Diseases such as Chicken Pox, Herpes Zoster, Measles, Mumps, Swine flu, dengue etc. could be prevented by taking homeopathic medicines.
Homeopathy has No Side Effects
As the medicine is in very minute quantity homeopathic medicines generally does not have any side effects. As the medicine is qualitatively very high, it has great effects. Therefore unlike antibiotics homeopathic medicines do not disturb the digestive and other systems of the body.
Homeopathy is Universal
The magic of homeopathy is the same medicine could be given safely to human beings, animals, birds and plants.
Homeopathic Medicines are not Addictive
Once the patient is cured by the way of selective individualization of medicine and after full relief the patient can stop taking the medicine as the patient gets cured.
Homeopathy is Anti Allergic, Anti Viral, Anti Septic
Such great is homeopathy that it has treatment with non drowsy medicines for allergic hay fever, viral warts, cold etc. some medicines after surgery are used for anti septic effects and are used for fast healing. eg. Senega is given to dissolve the remnants of lens residue after cataract surgery.